Rare! 1976 James Cagney Painting MAXIE Max Schacknow oil Signed autograph WOW
James Cagney Portrait Original pencil drawing MAXIE Max Schacknow. This is a beautiful original pencil drawing of James Cagney in his prime by famous artists MAXIE. It is done in vivrant oil on canvas in a beautifully framed and velvet matted piece. It is a beautiful example of an American icon in the movie industry. They were simply for display education and enjoyment only and in galleries around the country. This is the perfect addition to any one who is a collector or art dealer.
I will also be lifting several of his original paintings inspired by the splatter and action pieces of Jackson Pollock. Did you have any more questions or need any more information please feel free to contact.
So good luck and sky's the limit. Here's a little information on the artist. Max Jacob Schacknow was an artist & philanthropist whom created more than 2000 oil paintings and pencil on canvas drawings before he passed away in 2013. His lifetime his artwork was only for exhibition.
He was equally comfortable reproducing the works of Van Gogh, Rembrandt and da Vinci or stylistically originating paintings inspired by the splatter and action pieces of Jackson Pollock. In the 1980's he gave up oil as a medium, almost exclusively creating highly detailed drawings using only #2 pencil on stretched canvas. The New Yorker, September 18, 1989. This item is in the category "Art\Paintings".
The seller is "dirtygumball" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Type: Painting
- Artist: max schacknow
- Size: Small
- Signed: Yes
- Custom Bundle: No
- Material: Canvas
- Region of Origin: Florida, USA
- Framing: Matted & Framed
- Subject: Actors, Famous Paintings/Painters, Figures, Las Vegas, People, Poker, Portrait, Scarface, Staten Island, Television, Theater, The Godfather
- Year of Production: 1976
- Original/Licensed Reproduction: Original
- Item Height: 14 in
- Style: Illustration Art, Pop Art, Portraiture, Realism, Surrealism, Urban Art
- Features: One of a Kind (OOAK)
- Production Technique: Oil Painting
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Item Width: 11 in
- Handmade: Yes
- Time Period Produced: 1970-1979